Month of Adoption Survey Sweepstakes
Official Sweepstakes Rules
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional acceptance of these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of the judges, administrators and Sponsor, which are final and binding in all aspects.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Month of Adoption Survey Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) sponsored by salesforce.com, inc., (“Sponsor”) begins on February 13, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. and ends on February 19, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (“Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer will be the official clock for the Sweepstakes. All entries must be received during the Entry Period to be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. All times in these Official Rules are Pacific Standard Time.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia (“Eligibility Area”) that are 18 years of age or older or who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of the date of entry. Employees, contractors, consultants, officers, directors and agents (and their immediate families and household members regardless of where they live), or members of the same households, whether related or not, of Sponsor, its parents, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, promotional partners, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers (“Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or win any prize. Employees or officials of any government entity are not eligible to participate or win a prize. If you enter this Sweepstakes on behalf of a company, you represent and warrant that you are an authorized agent with the authority to enter on its behalf and bind said company. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will result in an entry being invalid and forfeiture of any prize. Companies and individuals outside of the Eligibility Area are not eligible to participate or win a prize. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that Sponsor determines could potentially reflect negatively on Sponsor’s image. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Sweepstakes is subject to applicable laws.
- TO ENTER: Complete the Month of Adoption Survey (“Survey”) available at https://www.getfeedback.com/r/VIw4XCXt/ during the Entry Period. Individuals who are disqualified from completing the Survey because of any screening questions may not enter the Sweepstakes. Limit of one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period, regardless of the method of entry. Entry information becomes the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries will be disqualified if they are late, incomplete and/or in excess of the stated entry limits. Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar methods will be void.
- PRIZE DETAILS: Grand Prize consists of one (1) prize-pack of assorted #AwesomeAdmin swag items, e.g. water bottles, socks, etc. Any prize details not specified herein will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes are not transferable, assignable or refundable and cannot be substituted for cash. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater monetary value to the prizes if for any reason any prize cannot be awarded as contemplated in these Official Rules.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $30. Total ARV of all prizes is $30. All currency listed in these Official Rules is in USD.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ANNOUNCEMENT: Sponsor will randomly select one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The potential winner will be notified on or about February 20, 2018, via email or Twitter direct message. Sponsor will not be liable for any potential prize notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by any potential winner for any reason. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 days after the first attempt to contact the winner, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries. If a potential winner is unable to accept the prize or any portion of the prize for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such potential winner. There is a limit of one (1) prize per entrant. You need not be present to win. To win a prize, entrants in Canada must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered in a manner to be determined by Sponsor. In order to receive a prize, the winner may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law).
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: Sponsor is not responsible for lost or stolen prize elements. Prizes may be reported as income to a winner and the winner will be responsible for all taxes associated with the receipt of any prize. Winners may be required to complete required tax forms or other documents requested within the time period stipulated by Sponsor. Winners may be responsible for any costs and expenses not listed herein. Winners will receive their prizes within 15 days of the relevant prize date closing date unless notified otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel if the fairness of the Sweepstakes is compromised. Proof of identity, age and/or legal residence may be required to claim the prize. Failure to comply with any of the requirements set forth in the Official Rules may result in disqualification or forfeiture of the prize.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will depend on number of valid entries received during the Entry Period.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sweepstakes Entities and Internet/wireless access providers are not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, misdirected or postage-due entries or mail, or for any technical malfunction, human error, lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, and defect or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, and incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished or made available in connection with the Sweepstakes. Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ or other individuals’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer(s), wireless devices, other equipment or person(s), related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or using any website. In the event of any conflict between any details contained in these Official Rules and details contained in any Sweepstakes advertising materials, the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of an insufficient number of eligible entries, damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, by reason of any acts of God, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, unusually severe weather, strikes or legal disputes (whether legal or illegal), industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and to select the prize winner from among the applicable eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Screen shots or any other evidence of entry submission will not be deemed receipt of any such entry. Entry must be made by the entrant and via the means described herein. You are not a winner until your entry has been verified and you have complied with these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, if any, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Sweepstakes will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY: By entering this Sweepstakes, unless prohibited by law, each potential winner consents to use of their respective name, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising or publicity purposes for this and similar promotions without compensation, and may be required to provide a signed release acknowledging such consent. Moreover, by entering this Sweepstakes, unless prohibited by law, each potential prize winner agrees to grant to Sponsor and its licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the prize winner’s respective name, likeness (actual or simulated), voice (actual or simulated) and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further, without such additional compensation, appear for or provide biographical information for use in any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews, as may be determined from time to time by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT, FOR ENTRANT AND FOR ENTRANT’S HEIRS, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS FOREVER AND IRREVOCABLY RELEASE AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (AFOREMENTIONED INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASEES”) HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES, ATTENDANCE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY AND THE COLLECTION, USE AND/OR SHARING BY SPONSOR OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OF THE ENTRANTS, OR FOR ANY PRINTING, PRODUCTION, TYPOGRAPHICAL, OR HUMAN ERROR.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS FEES, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ANY ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF ANY WEBSITE, THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITE, THE REMOVAL FROM ANY WEBSITE OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR ATTENDANCE OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. THE SWEEPSTAKES, ALL PRIZES AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ENTRANT AGREES THAT IN ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, THE RELEASEES’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF ENTERING AND PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
- SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference and shall not be deeded to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision thereof.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, actual or alleged claims, and causes of action at law or in equity, (“Claims”) will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Claims arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, including without limitation, the interpretation of the Official rules or any prize awarded will be resolved by applying the laws of California, without regard to conflict of laws. Claims will be solely and exclusively brought in the state or federal courts located in San Francisco, California.
- SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: To receive the name, city and state of the winner, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, “Month of Adoption Survey Sweepstakes” or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to salesforce.com, inc., Attn: Rachel Mincarelli, Month of Adoption Survey Sweepstakes, The Landmark @ One Market, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.
- NO TWITTER ENDORSEMENT: This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter Inc. Any information you provide in connection with the Sweepstakes is to the Sweepstakes Entities and not to Twitter. You understand that by using and interacting with https://twitter.com, you are subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of that site. You should therefore review the applicable terms and policies for Twitter, including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with Twitter.
- SPONSOR CONTACT: com, inc., The Landmark @ One Market, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA, 94105, United States. All rights reserved.