There may be snow on the ground but spring is in the air and it’s in your orgs right now! Salesforce releases always bring lots of improvements and enhancements… but also lots of change. If you’re overwhelmed with all the new info to stay on top of, no worries! We are here to guide you through the new features that just dropped.
New Admin Features That Deserve The Spotlight:
Custom Lightning Navigation Menus (Lightning Experience Only): Create custom navigation menus with Standard, Custom, and Visualforce tabs and assign to Users by Profile.
Global Picklists (Pilot): One Picklist to rule them all! You asked for it, and now you (almost) have it! Create sets of picklist values that can be used for custom picklists across standard and custom objects.
Salesforce 1 Updates, especially the ability to view Enhanced Charts: Your end users have new features available to them in S1, and once you enable Enhanced Charts for Salesforce1, they will be able to access custom dashboard filters and more.
Health Check: Become the security expert for your company with one place to review and update all of your organization security settings against the Salesforce Baseline Standards.
Resources Specific To Awesome Admins:
- [VIDEO] The Salesforce Live release show highlights features that we believe are most beneficial for Salesforce Admins.
- [WEBINAR] Want to see some of these features in action? Take a look at the Spring 16 Release Webinar where Samantha Ready and I review and demo new developer and admin features.
- [BLOG] More on the features we’re excited about: Article: 5 Awesome Features For Admins In Spring 16.
- [PODCAST] Salesforce Customer Success Senior Managers, Samanthia Achuff & Elna Miller, talk about advising customers on successful Salesforce implementations and how to be ready for Spring 16.
General Salesforce Release Resources:
- Spring 16 Release Notes
- Recording: Release Readiness LIVE
- Salesforce Trust Release Calendar
- Success Group: Release Readiness and Feature Adoption
- Spring 16 Release Trailhead Module