If there’s ever been a time to get serious about Lightning, it’s NOW. Starting in October 2019 with the Winter ’20 release, Salesforce will turn on Lightning Experience for all orgs on a rolling basis. When it’s turned on, standard profile users and custom profile users with the Lightning Experience User permission enabled will see the ‘Switch to Lightning Experience’ link in Salesforce Classic and be automatically switched into Lightning Experience on a regular basis. Get more on the details of this transition here.
As a Salesforce Admin, we want you to be in control of this process. Get started now so you have ten months to plan a smooth transition. If you have questions or concerns or are interested in opting out, please contact support.
We are excited to help you take advantage of all the innovation being built into Lightning. Lightning has come a long way since it first launched in 2014 and will continue to improve, and empower you to build amazing Salesforce experiences. Just look at the roadmap! Who’s excited for object creator?!
Prepare for Lightning Experience now with these steps:
- Run the Readiness Check found in Setup
- Turn on Lightning Experience for yourself or in a sandbox and test-drive your most used pages
- Review your user profiles and permission sets so you know who has Lightning Experience access
- Update your Reports & Dashboards leveraging Lightning Experience features
Additional resources to help you with your move to Lightning:
- Complete the Lightning Experience Rollout Trailhead Badge
- Check out the Lightning for Admins page for resources and transition stories from your peers
- Make the move seamless with the Transition Toolkit as well as the Learning Map
- Connect with Salesforce experts and Lightning Champions in the Lightning Now Chatter Group