Many of you #AwesomeAdmins may have already transitioned your company to Lightning Experience, or are well on your way! Today, we’re highlighting some of the benefits of Lightning Experience that your fellow Trailblazers are experiencing, firsthand.
A few months ago, we ran the #LightningStrikes community sweepstakes and asked our Lightning Trailblazers to share tips and best practices for optimizing or making the transition to Lightning Experience. As a result, over 300 tips were submitted to the Lightning Now group through the Trailblazer Community. The tips covered a wide range of topics from change management best practices to different customizations and configurations to consider when turning on Lightning Experience.
We wanted to surface these tips in a way that is visual and intuitive (and fun!), so we created the Lightning Strikes video series. In this series, you will hear from Trailblazers and Lightning Champions to see how they’re customizing and implementing Lightning-only features to boost productivity. Check out the series below, with more on the way!
Episode 1 – Enhancing the User Experience Part 1
Episodes one and two are all about enhancing the end-user experience. Lightning Experience offers a number of tools that allow admins to customize the experience to meet the needs of your users. You’ll learn about some of the powerful customization capabilities enabled by the Salesforce Platform. In this episode, you will learn:
- How Chris Halvachs at Superior Bulk Logistics uses the Component Visibility Filter to conditionally display information to users.
- How Mihaela Muresan at EMPAUA uses the Related Record component to quickly edit Account Details from an Opportunity Record.
- How to control what a user sees on the page with Lightning App Builder and Dynamic Rules—and how we can do all this with clicks, not code!
Episode 2 – Enhancing the User Experience Part 2
Let’s dive into more complex customizations and use cases and see how you can use various Lightning components in unconventional ways to optimize the user experience.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How Carlos Siqueira at Fortimize uses Related List Quick Links on opportunities to display information more efficiently.
- How Michael Kolodner at Spark puts Fields on Tabs to give his users an optimal page layout.
- How Vin Addala, Product Management Senior Director, adds custom components to the Utility Bar.
Episode 3 – Only in Lightning Experience Features
Learn about the new features that are only available in Lightning Experience and see how they can add value to your business.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How Aleksandra Radovanovic at Aria Solutions uses the Accordion Component with Related List Component to display account details on an opportunity.
- How James Coelho at Magnet360 uses Kanban when managing opportunities.
- How to share Subscriptions in Lightning Reports.
Try out some of the above tips and best practices shared from our #AwesomeAdmins that have transitioned their orgs to Lightning Experience and share your experience with us in the comments or in the Trailblazer Community.
Now it’s your turn. Want to make your transition as smooth as possible? Find more resources, like the Journey to Lightning Experience Learning Map, below.