A few weeks ago, we shared all the ways that Admins can learn at #DF18. Now, we’re diving into all the opportunities that Admins have to connect and give back at #DF18.
Know where to find all of your #AwesomeAdmin peers
What better way to get connected and inspired, than joining up with all of your peers at the #AwesomeAdmin Keynote! September 25, 11 a.m. in Moscone West, Parker Harris, Gillian Bruce, Mary Scotton, Mike Gerholdt, Carlos Umana, Katherine Clark, Nana Gregg, Luke Kincaid, & Alimali Stephen will ALL deliver an incredible keynote packed with live demos, practical tips, and plenty of inspiration!
Don’t forget to add it to your agenda!
The Admin Meadow at Dreamforce ’18 is a great place to connect with fellow Admins. As the home base for #AwesomeAdmins, there will be many opportunities to strike up conversations with your peers, whether it’s a asking questions at a demo booth, taking a break in the lounge, or sharing selfies for the social screens.
Visit the Trailblazer Community Cove to meet Community Leaders and learn how you can get involved.
- Check out the Community Campfire schedule to join small casual discussions about a ton of really amazing community-related topics.
- Visit the Community Kiosks to learn about all the ways you can get involved, like collaborating online, joining Community Groups, attending Community Conferences, and even starting your own Community Group.
Connect with Speakers
As Mike mentioned in his post, “Many Dreamforce sessions include Q&A time and the speakers will hang around afterward- this is your chance to meet some of the people you follow on Twitter or Salesforce experts.” These speakers are your peers, so take this opportunity to learn from them and interact.
Share your updates!
Speaking of connecting with your peers… there are a few easy ways to do that online before you arrive in San Francisco, or during Dreamforce if you’re “attending” remotely. Here are a few easy ways you can think about getting started:
- Post to the Trailblazer Community— these groups are full of Admins who are ready to help you, chat with you, and celebrate all things #AwesomeAdmin at Dreamforce!
- Use #AwesomeAdmin and #DF18 hashtags on Twitter to share highlights from your day and what you’re learning. It is a wonderful way to bring the magic of Dreamforce out to the larger Admin community!
Bring business cards, a pen, stickers, an extra charge port, etc in a small bag or waistbelt. They are easy ice-breakers and will help you strike up a conversation while you’re in the Admin Meadow. Plus, they’ll make networking a breeze! For more on this, watch the Facebook Live episode we had with Mike Gerholdt—he shares some of his best tips from years of attending Dreamforce!
Give back and pay it forward
Remember that one breakthrough moment when you learned something from another community member? It likely helped you deliver a project or request on time, advanced your career, and changed the way you thought about the #SalesforceOhana. Help new Admins live that experience by paying it forward. Share your expertise at a demo booth! We have opportunities for you to share your knowledge in the Trailblazer Community Cove, the Admin Meadow and Trailhead Quick Starts in the Trailhead Zone.
Sign up with our online scheduling tool: Shiftboard.
- If you don’t already have an account with Shiftboard, please fill out this Google form so we can get you set up with an account: https://goo.gl/forms/lNhjMDVfL5YLGaqF2
- If you already have a Shiftboard account, please login here to view available shifts:https://www.shiftboard.com/salesforceinc
- If you have questions, please contact Laine Yien at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stop by the Giving Back Table in the Trailblazer Community Cove
Salesforce is proud to announce we have partnered with the True Colors Fund to help end homelessness for LGBTQ youth. Make a donation of $40 or more and receive a limited-edition Pride Astro plush as a gift to support this worthy cause.
Get Involved with PepUp Tech!
Join PepUp Tech for their annual fundraiser on Monday, Sept 24th at 7:30 pm for Karaoke for a Cause in San Francisco! Donations support programs that benefit children and adults. The event will be attended by a variety of professionals including Salesforce industry experts, employees and MVPs. Some special appearances/duets by Holly Firestone and Erik Kuhl are sure to please the crowd, too.