Our recent admin webinar: Take Control of Your Org with Salesforce Optimizer covered the new maintenance, productivity, and adoption app called Salesforce Optimizer!
Here’s the webinar recording:
What is Salesforce Optimizer?
Salesforce Optimizer is THE maintenance, productivity, and adoption app for Salesforce Admins! For admins who are nearing the limits of their edition, or have no idea if they are, or have users complaining about there being too many fields… or just don’t know where to start when it comes to cleanup, maintenance, and optimization, Salesforce Optimizer can help. An optimized org will not only make your life as an Admin easier, but it will also drive end user adoption. Fewer fields, cleaner page layouts, and insight into org usage will enable you to increase adoption.
Optimizer evaluates your implementation to determine how your company uses certain Salesforce features, then identifies ways that you can improve your implementation for your company. It is the fastest and most effective way to get insights into your org coupled with actionable recommendations and best practices so Admins can:
- Efficiently maintain customizations
- Decrease business and technical debt
- Increase productivity of admins and end users
- Drive Salesforce usage
How do I get it?
Salesforce Optimizer is 1 click away from Salesforce Setup. Type in Salesforce Optimizer in the search bar or scroll down to the bottom of the left-hand nav. Click Optimizer, launch it, allow access and check your inbox. You’ll receive a PDF report to your inbox in minutes. You can also run the report in SalesforceA (Admin App).
Free for Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited and Developer Editions. Available worldwide but produced in English.
What does it cover?
The report gives you prioritized insights coupled with recommendations and best practices. Optimizer reports on 25+ org metrics!
The report is divided into many different sections, the main ones being: Storage, Fields, Custom Code, Custom Layouts for Objects, Reports and Dashboards, Validation Rules, Sharing Rules, Workflow Rules, User Management, Profiles and Permission Sets, and Chatter Adoption.
Each section is structured the same way:
1. What we have found in your org (list the top 5 in the report)
2. What you should do about it
3. Resources to learn more
Here’s a list of all the metrics covered (as of July 2017):
What’s on the Roadmap?
- More adoption, performance and maintenance recommendations based on your current usage (for Platform, Service Cloud, etc.)
- Priority and selective assessment: determining what is the most important thing to do now versus a meaty project to plan in the next couple months.
Spring’ 18 and beyond:
- Scoring and Trending: to answer the question: is your org doing better over time?
- Industry Peer Ranking: how does your org measure against other companies in your industry or business size?
NOTE: We are not bound to the major releases schedule and we have frequent releases. Please check the Success Community and Releases Notes for updates.
Common Use Cases
Run the optimizer on a quarterly basis, so you can do:
- Proactive Maintenance: Know if you are you close to your limits (number of fields per object, storage, etc.), whether there is old code that needs updating, etc. A clear understanding of what’s being used will help you field new requests for fields and apps.
- Cleanup: Review your (unused) objects, reports, profiles, page layouts, users, etc.
- Improving User Experience: After the cleanup and maintenance, you’ll be able to drive end user productivity by simplifying page layouts. Ask yourself: Do I have too many fields on a page layout? Do my users leverage Chatter, Path, etc.?
- Moving to Lightning Experience: Run the Salesforce Optimizer to reduce the heavy lifting needed to move to Lightning Experience by eliminating non-essential fields and layouts, automation, Apex code, and other configurations that aren’t being used. Use the move to Lightning as a reboot for your org. Only transition the stuff that’s being used effectively!