It’s the first week of Month of Lightning and we’re taking the time to Discover all the amazing aspects of Lightning. This week I want you to focus on learning, evaluating and aligning your company so you are set up for success when you roll out Lightning.
We compiled a check list of actions you can take this week to discover Lightning and by the end of the week, we want to see how far you’ve come!
☐ Complete the Discover Lightning trailmix in Trailhead
☐ Sign up for Developer Org, Lightning and do the 5 Lightning Experience tricks in this post
☐ Pick your favorite Lightning feature
☐ Run the Readiness Check in your org and sign up for a consult to dig deep
☐ Preview your org in Lightning using the Migration Assistant
☐ Identify company stakeholders
☐ Schedule a meeting with a colleague or team that you can present Lightning. Use Lightning in a Box for sample presentations and demos.
If at any point you feel stuck, we have a lot of resources available to you, and a community of #AwesomeAdmins waiting to help! We’ll also be sharing more content this week. Don’t miss tomorrow’s post on Activity Actions! Check the Month of Lightning page for what’s coming up throughout the week and the rest of the month.
Salesforce has so many resources for you to get skilled up on Lightning. Here are some to help you along the way this week:
- Trailmix: Discover Lightning
- Trails: Make the Move to Lightning Experience, Get Started with Lightning Experience
- Superbadges: Lightning Experience Specialist
- Learn Lightning Blog Series
- Lightning Experience Pro Tips Blog Series
- Revisiting Chatter in Lightning Experience
- Lightning Experience Tricks You Can Do During Your Lunch Break
- *Community post* from David Giller of Brainiate Blog: Explore Lightning Experience…Before It’s Too Late (Thank you, David!)
- *Community post* from Abhilasha Singh of Techi Girl blog: What’s New with Salesforce Winter’18 Release ☃️ (Thank you, Abhilasha!)
- How Salesforce Launched Lightning Webinar
- Build Your Lightning Experience Rollout Plan
- Analyzing Your Org with Salesforce Optimizer Webinar
- *Community presentation* from Caroline Renard of HUB Community: HUB Office Hours 7-28-2017 Lightning Tips and Tricks (Thank you, Caroline!)
- *Community presentation* from Janna Rawls of Cloud for Good: Unboxing the NonProfit Success Pack (Thank you, Janna!)
- Review Compare Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience Considerations
- Conduct a gap analysis to confirm you’re getting what you need. Kick off the Lightning Readiness Check to evaluate of some of your features and customizations.
- Migration Assistant: Redesigned Lightning Experience Migration Assistant in Summer ’17
- Readiness Check: Are You Ready for Lightning Experience? Let the Readiness Check Be Your Guide
- More in person resources for readiness check: Consult, Readiness Check Webinar
- Identify stakeholders and an executive sponsor
- Educate your company with presentations and demos. You can use Lightning in a Box to help you.
Get involved this week!
- Share your favorite Lightning feature on Wednesday, September 13th, 2017 on Twitter
- Find us on Twitter and the Success Community using #LightningNow and in the group: Lightning Now
- Readiness Check Webinar
Lightning Rollout Phases
This checklist is designed for admins in the Discover phase of Lightning. If you have learned about Lightning and a ready to move some of your users to Lightning, check out the rollout checklist!