If you’re looking to build a successful career in the Salesforce ecosystem, becoming a Salesforce Administrator is a great way to start. The demand for Salesforce Admin skills is skyrocketing because of the important role they play in helping companies reach their goals using Salesforce. In fact, according to indeed.com, Salesforce Admin is a top-five tech job.
We’re here to help you get started on your journey by providing you with all the resources and support to navigate and grow your career as a Salesforce Admin. Since everyone’s career path is different, the below is not intended to be used as a checklist of things you must do, rather it is intended to be a guide to help point you in the right direction.
1. VISIT THE OFFICIAL SALESFORCE ADMINS SITE
Exploring this website will give you access to pages and pages of resources for #AwesomeAdmins such as blog posts (like this one), a schedule of upcoming events and webinars, as well as tons of inspiration!
- Access webinars, blogs, videos & more
- Register for “Essential Habits for New Admins” Webinar
- Subscribe to Admin Digest Newsletter
2. LISTEN TO THE SALESFORCE ADMINS PODCAST
Listen as Salesforce Admins just like you share their unique stories, bits of advice, and helpful tools for blazing their trail in the Salesforce ecosystem—and how you can find success along the way, too!
- Learn about Salesforce Admin careers
- Hear from community & product experts
- Get inspired by Salesforce Admins
3. LEARN MORE ABOUT SALESFORCE
Trailhead is the fun way to learn! Earn badges, points, and real-world credentials while you learn about all things Salesforce, hone your professional skills, and explore topics like equality in the workplace or the future of AI in business.
- Learn about features, apps & products
- Complete Admin Beginner Trail
- Access Certification information
4. CONNECT ONLINE WITH TRAILBLAZERS
Visit the Trailblazer community and dive right in! This online community is where connection, discussion, and problem-solving all happen in real time, and you can be a part of it while getting support on your journey.
- Connect with other Salesforce Admins
- Get help, find answers, discuss topics
- Submit ideas for product improvement
5. FIND A JOB IN THE SALESFORCE ECOSYSTEM
There are many great ways to start or change your career in the Salesforce Ecosystem. The resources below are amazing jumping-off points as you’re considering or searching for a new position.
- Find career events & online bootcamps
- Apply for help to find a mentor
- Access online career resources
6. GET HANDS-ON AT A SALESFORCE EVENT
Attending Salesforce events like World Tours, TrailheaDX, and Dreamforce are experiences like none other! Find one near you through the links below, start meeting your Ohana IRL, and get the hands-on Salesforce experience you want.
- Salesforce World Tours
- TrailheaDX Developer Conference
- Yearly Dreamforce Conference in San Francisco
7. JOIN A LOCAL COMMUNITY GROUP
Community groups are local to your area, and meet regularly so you can get to know your peers and how they are using Salesforce. You’ll love having a close-knit group of Trailblazers in your area!
- Learn Salesforce with peers
- Build your network
- Find mentors
8. ATTEND A COMMUNITY CONFERENCE
Community conferences are put on by members of the community, for the community! Attending one will give you access to incredible content, local Trailblazers, and many inspiring stories of success.
- Attend a community hosted conference
- Meet your local Salesforce Ohana
9. STAY CONNECTED ON SOCIAL
The Salesforce Ohana thrives online! Join our pages (if you haven’t already) and stay connected until you can meet up with one another in person by using the handles and hashtags.